2022 – 2023 Band Fee Info
The Band Fee for the 2022-2023 school year is $150.00 + $43.00 for Shoes.
The Fee will be broken out into two parts and you will be responsible for paying for both.
Band Fees are due by August 26, 2022.
- $30.00 will need to be paid to the Frederick County Schools directly. You can pay this through MySchoolBucks (info at bottom of this page) or a check to the school. The Band Boosters can not transfer the funds so please don’t pay this to the Boosters.
- $120.00 will need to be paid to the Sherando Band Boosters. We have set up several ways to do this and we’ve created a fundraising opportunity to help. (Calendar Fundraiser – information below)
- $43.00 – If your student needs new marching shoes.
Ways to Pay the $120 Fee
- Cash or Check (payable to SHSBBA). You can have your child put the payment in the Black Box. Please make sure their name is on the envelope or check memo.
- MySchoolBucks (information is at the bottom of this page) by choosing The Sherando Band Boosters under the drop down.
- Venmo by using the QR Code below.
- Money that is in your students account. Please email me if you need to get your total and then advise if you’d like to have the money transferred to their fee and/or their band shoes.
- Calendar Fundraiser. The first $120 raised will go towards their band fee so it’s a great opportunity for them to raise money for themselves and for the band.
What Do These Band Fees Pay For?
Great question! The short answer is that these band fees can and will be used to pay for any of the following expenses throughout the school year: Show design (marching band, indoor, etc.), Instructors, concert coaches, awards banquet, pre-game meals, band camp meals, show shirts, logistical expenses, scholarships, website, insurance, legal and accounting fees, props, equipment, fuel, uniform expenses, postage, bank service fees, instruments, transportation, music and drill purchases, music copyright fees, competition entry fees, hallway pictures production, and more! This is just a small sample of the items that our boosters come in to support for our program throughout the entire year.
We understand it may be challenging for some families to pay the band fee for their student(s). If there is a financial difficulty in affording any fee, please contact the Band Booster Board leadership, and we can work with you to see what options are available. There may be some availability of student fee sponsorships.
If you are interested in sponsoring a band fee for a band student, please contact Sandy Smith at email@example.com. You may also turn in band fees to the Band Room “black box”.
We have set up a Google Form where your donors can fill out their information about which day they would like to sponsor. Then they can choose how to pay their donation. Please share the Google Form linked below with friends, families, social media, etc.
Also, print a copy of the August calendar for yourself, to keep track of your daily donors.
You can pay your band fee on myschoolbucks.com!!
- Go to Myschoolbucks.com
- Click Sign up for Free or Log in (you will use the same username and password that you use to pay for school lunch or fees)
- At the top of your screen click School District > Add another school District
- Select Virginia
- Scroll down and choose Sherando Band Boosters
- Add District
Once you have Sherando Band Boosters under your profile you can pay dues and/or make a donation.
- Go back to School District and choose Sherando Band Boosters.
- Click School Store > Featured Items.
- Scroll down until you see the Band Fee.
To Pay Dues
- Click on Band Fee View Details.
- You don’t need to Enter anything under Student Name. Do not click +Add Student.
- Fill out fields for Student Name, Parent Name, Phone & email.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Go to Cart and Checkout.
To Make a Donation
- Click on Donation to SHS Band Boosters View Details.
- Enter amount to donate.
- Enter Name. (You can also click box to make it anonymous)
- Add to Basket.